Splendid, fast, powerful, nice and easy to use
From now on, as the English version test period
is ended, this
shareware will be slightly limited in recording (maximum 500 people plus those already imported) and in output (no GEDCOM export), But NO IMPORT LIMITATION to test GENTREE incredible SPEED and
quality (really and
fully GEDCOM 5.5 compliance).
Gentree is granted certification by the Utah genealogical authority of Salt Lake City.
If you want to ask for
TECHNICAL QUESTIONS, you may directly mail to MICHEL POTIER at
Now avalaible on this site, New Improvements of the July 1999 version
New 32 BITS version for Win 9x, written with the new MS
Visual Basic 6.
The database may now be extended to 64.000 PEOPLE, and
maximal number of spouse, children, documents and events is growing from 50 to 200 for
Free texts in each record may now be formatted and saved
in RTF format.
A new couple search may now be implemented, from his or
her spouse name or from the marriage place.
Ascending and descending graphic trees help to develop
MS Internet Explorer is integrated inside the
genealogical program and provides the direct HTML files viewing.
One can now import marriage tables from an ANSI semicolon
or tab delimited text.
A powerful tool allows you to track and merge duplicated
Exporting your database in GEDCOM format, you can exclude
GENTREE 99 is now avalaible in ENGLISH, FRENCH, CATALAN,
ITALIAN and GERMAN.
And a lot of other enhancements and new functions.
Improvements of the September 98
Improvements of the September 97.2
version (¤) :
- International edition : English, French & Catalan, as a choice in
the same product, and next Spanish, German, Danish, Italian and other languages
- One more HTML output generator which produces multi HTML files for
better and faster downloads with INTERNET
- TXT file exports with standard separators for import in SGDB (Access,
Paradox, Foxpro, Dbase etc...) or spreadsheet (Excel, Lotus 123 etc...)
- Anniversaries Table generation from 1st January to 31st December for
Births, Marriages and Deaths, with direct access to each individual record
- Some minor enhancements or corrections
(¤) As we think the large 9 months test
period is ended, so this new International issue and the following will be slightly limitated for
Improvements of the April 97 version
- Introduction of Sosa-Stradonitz DE CUJUS, for both people
- Search on Events
- New HTML print format included
- Searches Export
- New interaction between individual notices and events (expert
- Some improvements on Usual Words window and RTF Export
- and always merely simple although becoming more and more powerful
What you can already do with the 97
- Introduction of Event notion : you can put birth, baptism,
marriage, death or burial act transcription in each individual notice, and link with all
people who have something to do (parents, cousins, witnesses and so on as you will)
- Improvement of Individual Notice with fixed fields for places
(birth, marriage, death)
- Facility for not to retype places already entered (birth,
- File size and structure improvements
- Extremely strict and complete compatibility with the Gedcom 5.5
- Preview with size on demand before printing and better graphics
charts on printed sheets
- Capacity to accept some names peculiarities (double surname in
Spanish, nobility particles in French and so on)
- More helpful smarticons at the top of the screen
- More drag and drop capacity
- Powerful data base : up to 32 000 people
All these progresses couldn't be done without your
observations, so don't be reluctant to tell me what you think about the program, what you
hope, what you disagree to help me in giving you satisfaction ...
Michel POTIER - 4 square du Harnais - F 49100 ANGERS